Friday, August 21, 2009

Long Lost Malaysian Food...

We went to FM 1960 yesterday after 'delivering' my bro to the airport. We were out of stock of meat and vegetables due to the one week plus holiday. The name of the supermarket is 'Hong Kong Super Market', but the nearly 95 percent of the people working or shopping there are vietnamise. I find the language kinda distracting for me. Maybe I should learn to understand the language to get rid of that feeling. Well, the whole place is actually a vietnamise area. It answers the question well.

We didn't really get any meat, but just some vegetables as it is cheap and some of them we can't find it in the supermarkets nearby. I know that we can find quite a lot of chinese food, but I was shocked to find 'Roti Prata' too. It was a waste that my bro didn't get a chance to eat it before he left towards IOWA. It is called 'Roti Canai' or so in Malaysia. My mum cook a very delicious chicken curry to add the flavor up. We were very lucky indeed. My mum like the other way of eating it, which is with sugar. She cook the curry for us and for her specially cooked, fried noodles. I don't really eat 'bihun' so I just enjoy two pieces of roti prata with the curry. Yummy....





No comments: